[coreboot] Two issues in the build system

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Aug 29 15:52:39 CEST 2008

Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> I have made two observations concerning 'buildtargets':
>
> 1) Romcc is generated in duplicate in fallback/ as well as normal/.
>    Is this necessary? Both executable have identical md5-hashes.
>    I do at least modify by hand the target 'normal/clean' to leave
>    romcc for the next round of compilations. I would have expected
>    the python generator to produce such alternatives by itself.

The python tool generates a lot of stuff twice. (The static device tree,
too). Not sure if it's worth fixing. It's not elegant but it does not
cause problems either. If you have a slick idea, or even a patch, let's
talk about it.

> 2) The dependencies of most targets are so shallow, that it is almost
>    inevitable to perform a full clean in order to assemble a new
>    normal.rom or fallback.rom, even after the smallest of changes.
>    Is this intentional?
No, it's a bug. Patches and fixes are highly welcome!

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613