[coreboot] qemu dts fixes

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:52:00 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> wrote:
>> So would it be reasonable to have the domain reserve it, since having a
>> resource for each CPU at the same place could get confusing?  Do we have
>> LAPIC devices on any platforms in Coreboot, so that it could be reserved
>> there?
>
> LAPIC is in any CPU post Pentium.

I was trying to say what Rudolf clarified. There is a local APIC in
each CPU core at the addess 0xFEE00000 so we only need to reserve it
once. Logically it doesn't make sense to have it in the northbridge.
That gets back to just putting it in the domain. I thought that the
IOAPIC 0xFEC00000 should in the southbridge but if the LAPIC is in
the domain then maybe the IOAPIC shoud be with it.

I think that the only CPU coreboot supports that doesn't have a LAPIC
is the Geode. It has no multicore capability and sitll uses the legacy
PIC.

Marc