[coreboot] Error Compiling Coreboot v1 for Acer WT300

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 07:44:30 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Holden Hao <holdenhao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am trying to build a Coreboot v1 BIOS with an Etherboot payload for
> an Acer WT300 thin client.  Somebody was already successful in running
> LinuxBIOS with etherboot on it. (
> http://spritesmods.com/?art=wtcluster ).  I have tried to contact the
> person on the website already but he has not replied to me.  So I am
> trying out Coreboot myself.
>
> The Acer WT300 has a board similar in specifications to a Supertek
> ST3WT.  The chips on the board are CS5530A and PC973717.

Coreboot-v1 is VERY old, IIRC it requires gcc 2.xx to compile. Perhaps I
could talk you into using coreboot-v2 instead? I see that the Axus TC320 and
Bcom WinNet 100 share the same hardware as your board, so porting your board
shouldn't require much work. You can find a build tutorial here:
http://www.coreboot.org/AXUS_TC320#Building_a_LinuxBIOS_image and various
other resources by exploring around coreboot.org. If you need a hand, let us
know!

-Corey