[coreboot] Interesting (part of) article.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Dec 11 22:10:33 CET 2008

On 11.12.2008 22:02, pk wrote:
> ron minnich wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Jordan Crouse <jordan at cosmicpenguin.net> wrote:
>>> This is only my opinion, so take it as you will, but I think that the only
>>> path to success is through the vendors first, and the end users second.
>> I could not agree more.
> +1.
> Although, as mentioned, Anandtech seems to have some influence with the
> vendors. They also seem to be open to alternative technologies; for
> instance, they have performed some benchmarks using gnu/linux, they have
> even tried an alternative bios (albeit on modified xbox machines):
> http://www.anandtech.com/linux/showdoc.aspx?i=2271
> Just a thought: What would they think of the demos you presented at the
> google tech talk? Would it hurt to talk to them about the potentials,
> explaining the current situation?

I think a demo with a readily available board would be nice. Especially
if the demo is accompanied with ready-to-burn images.
I know that we had better benchmark results than Vendor BIOS for some
chipsets/processors, but I am not aware of any recent benchmarking.

The reason I'm kind of insisting on ready-to-burn images is that I want
Anandtech to be able to verify this on their own boards in their own lab
and to make it clear that coreboot is not just vaporware.