[coreboot] [RFC] Netbook Support

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:32:21 CET 2008

bari wrote:

>> Do any of those netbooks previously ship with Linux?
>
> Several vx800 Quanta IL1 netbooks do ship with Linux:
>
>     * One Mini A110/A115/A140
> http://www.one.de/shop/one-notebooks-one-mini-notebooks-c-213_214.html
>
>     * Norhtec Gecko
> http://www.norhtec.com/products/gecko/index.html
>
>     * ACi Ethos 7
> http://www.aci-asia.com/html/Ethos_7.html
>
>     * BDSI Deep Blue H1
> http://www.ilikeblue.net/products/umpc.htm

My suggestion for one to start with then is any one of these machines
that use an EnE EC. (if any)  If they ship Linux then I would assume
that all the necessary communication between Linux and the EC is
working.  So inclusion of the factory EC code should Just Work.  If you
do end up needed to did deeper and you can't get any info from the
manufacturer then EnE is your best bet for reverse engineering.

--
Richard A. Smith
smithbone at gmail.com