[coreboot] Asus M2A-VM

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 17:40:53 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> I'll tackle that in due
> course.

A word to a very wise person.

Be very careful about commitments with a future tense. You are one of
the smartest guys we have, and I admire your enthusiasm. Thus you are
always prepared to help, which I think is wonderful. The only issue is
that you are spreading yourself a little thin. There are two harmful
effects from too many commitments
1. In the long term, it can hurt your credibility. I will only say
that I know this has harm to your credibility has happened. I don't
want it to happen -- you are too good a person.
2. It discourages others from taking on a task they might do -- "C-D
said he is doing that". We want to encourage others as much as we can.

So, please be very careful about making these commitments. Here is an
easy recommendation: ensure that people know that you are working on
one thing, and never make more than one commitment into the future.
Your work on the 690 has been fantastic -- let's make sure people
associate your name with these types of efforts.

Thanks and Merry Christmas! I really am grateful for the effort you
are putting into this project. Its continued improvement is due in no
small part to your efforts.

Ron