[coreboot] Want to participate in ASUS M2V(K8T890/VT8237A) testing

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Mon Dec 29 14:14:17 CET 2008

> Hello,
> I have ASUS M2V VIA K8T890 VIA VT8237A motherboard and BIOS saver device.
> I see that the closest supported configurations are:
> <http://www.asus.com.tw/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=143&l4=0&model=576&modelmenu=1>
> 	AMD K8 	VIA K8T890 / VT8237R
> <http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=324&l4=0&model=1807&modelmenu=1>
> 	AMD K8 	VIA K8M890 / VT8237S

Yes I have done that.

> I believe I can use K8T890 from the ASUS A8V-E-SE but VT8237A has WIP
> status yet.

Well VT8237A was not added. I have datasheet too. (I have datasheets for R/S/A
version of VT8237)

> I even have VT2837A specification( I've got from VIA under NDA) that
> helped me to patch my flasher to work with BIOS flash on it.

OK. I think it is fairly similar to VT8237R/S too. Best would be to have the
VT8237S datasheet too, so you know what is different.

Unfortunately I have no time to compare what is different.

I'm leaving for now, will be back next year ;)