[coreboot] i82801xx nic problems.

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Fri Feb 1 02:03:51 CET 2008

Quoting Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com>:
>> How would do a dump of the nics eeprom in Linux? I'm thinking this is
>> where the problem is coming from???
>
> Use awarddeco. afaik the site is down, but it must be mirrored somewhere.

Huh? How do I do a register dump of the eeprom with awarddeco? That
would be for  getting the pci rom. I already have the the pci rom, and
an AMI bios not Award. But, that doesn't matter to coreboot because it
won't load a pci rom for a device that it can't detect. I wonder if
there is a way to load the pci rom before the bus scan. I'm thinking
the original bios does that, and the pci rom acually turns on the
device and sets up it's registers. Anyone want to take a shot here???

Thanks - Joe