[coreboot] goal for march summit

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Mon Feb 4 18:38:50 CET 2008

> I'm all for it K8M890, but do we want to target VT8237Rplus (M2V-TVM),
> VT8237A (M2V-MX) or VT8237S(M2V-MX SE)? Unfortunately, the only
> comparison between these southbridges is
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIA_Southbridges

I know at least one difference between VT8237A and VT8237R on register level (it
is already documented somewhere). I guess this should not cause many troubles.

> Maybe Stefan can get such a NDA?

I gained such NDA as individual, through the web based form. It took a lot of
time (one month). This all leads me to that idea that you or Uwe or someone else
can go for NDA too. Due to lack of any free time, I can just help you to
understand some caveats of datasheets and general design. I spent lot of time
playing with this. So thats the reason I'm proposing this scheme.

>> me. I think I'm able to answer most of the questions so I will act as some kind
>> of filter and we shell ask VIA only in trouble.
>>

> Good idea.

Above is some more text to this.

Thanks,
Rudolf