[coreboot] Build error with top of tree V2

Clay Jones c.jones at f5.com
Tue Feb 5 20:00:31 CET 2008

I am getting the following error when building the
Serengeti_cheetah_fam10 target:

gcc -m32  -nostdlib -nostartfiles -static -o coreboot -T ldscript.ld
nm -n coreboot | sort > coreboot.map
objcopy --gap-fill 0xff -O binary coreboot coreboot.strip
cp ../payload.elf payload
./buildrom coreboot.strip coreboot.rom payload 0x3f000 0x7f000
coreboot image is 258104 bytes; only 258048 allowed
Coreboot input file larger than allowed size!
: Success
make[1]: *** [coreboot.rom] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
make: *** [fallback/coreboot.rom] Error 1
cjones at scully:/home/cjones/coreboot-v2/targets/amd/serengeti_cheetah_fam

The coreboot image is always a little bigger that the space allowed. I
have seen this before, but I can't remember what causes it. Anybody