[coreboot] Problem with M57SLI and newly installed MX25L4005

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Feb 6 15:59:04 CET 2008

On 06.02.2008 15:05, Chris Lingard wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>

>> Thanks for testing.
>> The output should be mostly identical on the first look, but not exactly
>> identical. If it is exactly identical, the executed binary didn't
>> contain the patch.
>> I'm looking for the following output changes:
>>

>>> probe_spi: id1 0x7f, id2 0x9d7e
>>>
>> should become
>>
>>> probe_spi: id1 0x7f9d, id2 0x7e
>>>
>> and there should be three additional lines near the end:
>>
>>> Probing for PMC unknown SPI chip, 0 KB
>>> WARNING: size: 0 -> 4096 (page size)
>>> RDID returned 7f 9d 7d.
>>>

> Sorry.  Think I may have got it right now :-(

Yes, indeed.

Thanks for the logs. You hit a bug in the existing code which was
uncovered by my patch. Can you change the second line of probe_spi() in
spi.c from
uint8_t manuf_id;
uint32_t manuf_id;
and post full results for the original chip again? This time it should
find a generic PMC SPI chip.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel