[coreboot] v3 interrupt tables...

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Feb 9 18:53:38 CET 2008

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 09:40:54AM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2008 9:27 AM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
> > We need to add all information from irq_tables.c to the mainboard
> > DTS and read it from there. The mainboard DTS is our central data
> > structure.

Was just about to write same.

> you are right and I was not thinking. I will work on this today.
>
> BTW, boot time is "really fast". So fast I can't easily time it.
> And there are some warning prints in there that need to be debug,
> so there is room to make it just a tad faster. From power on to
> FILO prompt just feels instantaneous, though.

Just as if modern firmware was running on modern hardware! ;)

> OK, I will look at this dts issue. I wonder if we need a pirq node
> in the dts?

I think interrupt routing in dts will need a bit of thought.

Perhaps we can combine all previous ways of describing interrupt
routing in a new, better, simpler way?

Then have generators for ACPI, PIRQ, device tree, whatever..

//Peter