[coreboot] patch: more path support

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Feb 10 21:08:21 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 10:17:01AM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> > What would such a global identifier be used for?
>
> You have found a  type of a thing (e.g. southbridge) and you want
> to find the operations for that thing. You need an ID to do that.

Ah! Of course.

> One option is we just adopt a very standardized format for the
> string that defines a thing, e.g. your earlier suggestion:
> "PCI:8086.8259" is the standard string for a PCI identifier.

Hm. Would the coreboot source tree path work?

"southbridge/intel/i82371eb"

Too complicated to deal with in code maybe?

The compile time name and the PCI device ID are the only two things
uniquely identifying a component right now.

Should we add a name to struct constructor for this purpose?
Maybe it can be automatically defined by the build system using the
directory name. Does that still work with the LX since we consider
it a multifunction device?

//Peter