[coreboot] v3 patch rm elfboot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Feb 14 23:28:39 CET 2008

On 14.02.2008 20:11, ron minnich wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
>

>>  You unpack it, repack it, and the segments become ordinary files with
>>  their lar headers containing bogus information.
>>

> excellent point.

Yes, unfortunately.

>>  So either we recreate an ELF file on unpack, or we dump the metadata to
>>  a MANIFEST file.
>>

> Why not have a way to unpack and create LAR files? i.e. each file has
> the LAR header in it.

Hm. It's not that hard to create a MANIFEST file. And the patch I sent
twice (which was NACKed twice) to specify LAR header contents on the LAR
command line would work perfectly together with the MANIFEST. No
information lost. I can resend the patch...

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/