[coreboot] Run PCI rom before PCI bus scan??

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Fri Feb 15 17:10:45 CET 2008

I think I figured out what is going on here. According to this doc:

ICHx Integrated LAN Controller Function Disable and Power Control for
Fast Ethernet

I think what this is saying is the Lan Enable is controlled by a
signal from either a Super I/O GPIO, ICHx Resume-well GPIO, or
micro-controller output. The signal is sent to the LAN_RST# pin on the

To test this theory, I disabled the Lan in the original bios and
rebooted. It does the exact same thing that coreboot is currently

So I guess now I need to figure out where the signal is coming from??
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks - Joe