[coreboot] v3 patch rm elfboot

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:54:10 CET 2008

On Feb 15, 2008 1:37 PM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you remind me why you'd want to put an ELF file into a lar, then
> take it out and put it into an ELF again?  What about all the sections
> we throw away when we put an ELF into the lar?

Sorry for that last, google's automagic is screwing up sometimes.

When we take a file out of LAR, we lose the LAR header. That header,
for payloads, is derived from ELF. So the extract from LAR loses

If we had an option to pull a file from LAR, and generate an ELF, we
can then put that file in another LAR later. That's my understanding
of it.