[coreboot] LAR TODO

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Feb 16 16:19:11 CET 2008

I'd like to use this thread to collect TODO items for LAR.

My current list is rather short, but that does not mean it is easy to
complete these tasks.

- "Unparse" parsed ELF so you get an ELF back when unpacking a LAR
containing parsed ELF file. Reason: See mails on the list for the last
few days.
- "List holes" mode. Reason: To be able to "zerofill" the LAR, we must
know where to fill.
- Ability to specify where files should end up in the LAR (beginning of
free space, end of free space, fixed address). Reason: Some machines can
only access part of the flash directly, so shadowing/copying is needed
for the inaccessible parts. That can only be done after RAM init,
thereby requiring normal/initram and fallback/initram to end up in the
directly accessible window.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--