[coreboot] LAR TODO

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Feb 16 19:21:35 CET 2008

ron minnich wrote:
> A slightly simpler idea. When we unpack a LAR, we could unpack to a
> simpler format than ELF.
Thinking longer about this, if we detect a directory with all files
named "segmentXX" in it, we could indeed just unpack all those into a
new (sub)lar. This is similar to the idea of copying lar from one file
to the other. Or we join all the segmentXX files back into one single
file with entry point, segments etc. Then we could drop that information
out of lar, making lar itself less complex.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613