[coreboot] IDE cable select question

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Fri Feb 22 19:13:25 CET 2008

Quoting ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:15 AM,  <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> wrote:
>>
>>  It is the Intel 82801DB ICH4 chipset. I think most of the ICH's are
>>  the same on this. So are you saying this can be set in filo, or
>>  coreboot?
>
> I think coreboot has to do it ... if the kernel can not.
>
> ron

Ok then, I think it may complicate things too much if we had a
IDENTIFY_DRIVE command query to the drive (Note: this command query is
also used for DMA settings). That would be like basicly re-writing an
IDE driver??

So, I propose a global option (IDE_CABLE = 40 or 80) that can easily
be adjusted from Config.lb in the targets directory, that sets the
value for a simple function in
src/southbridge/intel/i82801xx/i82801xx_ide.c.
Does that make sense?

Thanks - Joe