[coreboot] [RFC] port bochs-bios to gcc

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Feb 26 04:04:38 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:14:33AM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>> While this does not help the *BSD use of ADLO, the Windows use of it could
>> be scrapped and we'd probably end up with a lot less code than what ADLO
>> is now.
> I doubt that. ADLO is now 461 lines of assembler code. Most of which is
> comments. That is only for a single platform, because it really is a hack.
> When integrating this loader, it would become saner at almost no cost.

I think I misunderstood some of your emails.  You consider ADLO just
the loader - I was thinking of ADLO as the loader plus the modified
bochs bios.

The mainline bochs bios is already using some 32bit code, so I don't
think we need a special loader just for that.  Getting the blob into
0xf0000 might require some hardware tricks though (to enable/disable
shadowing).

-Kevin