[coreboot] Unable to power up db800 with coreboot

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Tue Feb 26 23:54:20 CET 2008

Phani Babu Giddi wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> I was able to build coreboot for db800 board using the latest codebase
> 3118 on SLES. Fedora still doesnt work for me. So I have build coreboot
> image with FILO as the payload. When I powerup the system the Linux
> image doesnt boot. On the IDE disk I have installed SLES with /boot in a
> different partition. /boot is ext2 and / is reiserfs. The system does
> nothing for a long time and after wards USB LED's on the board come up.
>
> I was expecting some messages on the serial console and the montior but
> I dont see any. Any idea whats going on. The FILO config file is as
> shown below, i hope I am not passing incorrect parameters here....
>
> Regards,
> Phani

Phani,

This seems like the ROM didn't get programmed correctly. You should get
something on the serial port. Note I think that there is a errata on
some db800s where the serial doesn't work on a reset (should work from
power off). Information should be available from Logic.

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer