[coreboot] MTRR question

Lars Randers frobozz.lb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 12:59:51 CET 2008

Why do we use a variable MTRR to map the bios code
instead of the fixed ones?
I've been trying to integrate a VGA bios alongside the normal
and fallback images, but that 2 ^ XIP size requirement is
making things very difficult.
So far I have only managed to include the VGA bios code blob
if I disable the normal image in the config.lb
Is there anything preventing me from using the fixed size MTRR
descriptors for the bios area instead of a variable one?

@Luc - Are you working on getting a VGA textmode console
running on the VIA Epia board?
I stumbled on your name on the unicrome project,
so if anyone could do it, it'd be you :)
In any case I'd be very interested in anything along those lines...