[coreboot] svn: switching subversion from LinuxBIOS to coreboot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 17 02:19:17 CET 2008

On 17.01.2008 01:50, ron minnich wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008 4:06 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>

>> Enter a v3 tree. Type the two commands below and be happy.
>>
>> svn switch svn://linuxbios.org/repository/coreboot-v3 .
>>

> svn switch svn://rminnich@openbios.org/repository/ .
> svn: Won't delete locally modified directory '.'
> svn: Left locally modified or unversioned files
>
> So that looked good, but ...

That looked really bad. It should have given you a message similar to
the usual message of "svn up" in a working tree.
The problem was that you removed the trailing "coreboot-v3" part from
the URL and this caused svn to completely hose your tree.

> svn switch --relocate svn://linuxbios.org/repository/coreboot-v3
> svn://coreboot.org/repository/coreboot-v3 .
>

> I think this second was my mistake: I got this:
> [rminnich at xcpu LinuxBIOSv3]$ svn up
> D    southbridge
> [...]

I'd say the repo is now really broken.
In the future, I'll add an explicit "if you think you see anything that
looks like an error message, STOP IMMEDIATELY" to any mails with
subversion commands.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel