[coreboot] SST25VF016B (2MB) flash on m57sli (IT8716F).

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu Jan 17 04:34:29 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 03:24:23AM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:

> > > Unfortunately it has a different pinout than the flash chips
> > > we've looked at so far.
> >
> > Oh, you're right, odd. It would work in a socket I guess, if that
> > socket is wired up correctly. Hrm.
>
> If the SPI commands for reading are the same then yeah, it should
> work.

Hmm, yeah, that's worth investigating I guess.

> > Any other suggestions for large SPI/SOIC-8 chips?
>
> Macronix MX25L8005M2C-15G

Mouser/digikeys/jameco don't have this one.

> Winbond W25X16VSSI
> Winbond W25X32VSSI
>
> Problem with Winbond is they really only want to sell large
> quantities. I haven't even gotten a quote and delivery time
> back from my sales rep on a request I made in November.

Weird, yeah, minimum purchase is around $500 for those two - 270 units of the
16Mbit, or 180 units of the 32Mbit chip (this is digikeys, the others don't
carry them).

Maybe a group buy is in order...

Thanks,
Ward.