[coreboot] chipset "NVIDIA® nForce 570 SLI MCP"

qweasdyxc0 at googlemail.com qweasdyxc0 at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:08:39 CET 2008

Since last year v2 is (almost?) running on the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4.
This board uses chipset
"NVIDIA® nForce 570 SLI MCP" (see

As a newbie my first question is, of course, a stupid one: the "MSI "K9N
SLI Platinum" uses the same chipset (see
Well, actually I would prefere another chipset, but what is the problem
in terms of LinuxBIOS
to get this (MSI) board working/running LB (the same level as the
Gigabyte one)?

Of course I kind of studied more than once the mailing list, the wiki
and many relatet sites.
Please keep in mind, I'm an absolute beginner to LB an just wondering
why. And I'm looking
to get into this holy stuff.

thanks for the great work!