[coreboot] mail archive urls not matching up?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jan 17 18:52:16 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 12:15:13PM -0500, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> While updating content on the wiki, I noticed that there are some
> discrepancies between urls.
>
> For example, these two urls give the same content:
> http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-September/024916.html
> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-September/024916.html
>
> But this one does not match:
> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2007-September/024916.html
>
> Any idea why this is happening?  (were the archives regenerated at some point?)

Yes, archives were regenerated. However, the old linuxbios.org URLs of
the old archive will stay intact, so I'd say we don't change any links
to the list archives (for now at least).

There are many links to list postings from sites and people outside of
our control which we don't want to break, so I think the old URLs
will/should remain functional for a looong time.

Uwe.