[coreboot] [LinuxBIOS] Fwd: rdcmos

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Fri Jan 18 16:54:31 CET 2008

It's OK, I have the one posted to the list (haven't tried it).  I tried
lxbios, and while it seems to output/input 256 bytes, these Tyan S2865
are still retaining some settings that clearing CMOS with a jumper on
the motherboard wipes out.

Does anyone know (CK804 datasheet holders hello!) if there is more than
256 bytes of NVRAM on this board, and/or if lxbios utility is able to
backup/restore all of it?

Symptoms are, when upgrading a board with vendor BIOS from 3.02 to 3.04,
the DRAM setup screen is *missing* some options, in particular Hardware
remapping, and Trcd 1/2, which matters with 4 DIMM slots filled.

On clearing CMOS with jumper, the extra options in 3.04 appear.  So far,
clearing it is the only way I've found to fix it.  using linux nvram.ko
and lxbios to save from a "good" board, and restore to a "bad" board,
doesn't work.  Reset ESCD from BIOS menu doesn't help.

Regards,

Jeremy