[coreboot] progress on lx

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 07:35:51 CET 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 4:27 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Is this same situation as before or is it worse? If it is worse, please
> try to fix before you commit.

The fix is going to be a bit harder, so I am committing this now.

Committed revision 557.

One thing to add. I am probably going to make one more change to the
id property in the dts.

Right now we have stuff like:
pciid = "somevendorname, somedevicename";

I am thinking of something like this:
id="pci,somevendorname,somedevicename";

Further, in the dtc makefile I would like to preprocess pci_ids.h to
produce arrays of char * with a list of vendor and device names. Then
the  dtc tool can do the following:
check the path type (pci). Check that it has the proper arguments
(device, path). Then check the vendor name and device name to make
sure they are valid for that path type.

In this way, the dtc can do some parsing of the id's and tell the user
immediately if there is a problem with the names, rather than having
to wait for a full compile step and a hard-to-trace gcc diagnostic.

Comments?

thanks

ron