[coreboot] progress on lx

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 08:06:40 CET 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 4:27 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Is this same situation as before or is it worse? If it is worse, please
> try to fix before you commit.
> Could it be that we try to find the south bridge by PCI ID and the VSA
> is needed for that?

I figured it out. There is old-style code (dev_find_device) that is
still using the old vendor, device struct members in the device
struct. chipsetinit calls this code. But the dtc is initializeing the
new devid struct in the static tree, not  the old vendor, device.

All this code has to be changed to use the devid now.

So, this is non-trivial but will reward us when I change it -- the
utility functions, instead of just working with devices that have an
id of a 16-bit device and 16-bit vendor, will work with any
device id.

I'll probably get this wrapped next week, and we'll be a LOT closer.
This work really needed doing.

And we won't need VSA (yet) to make it go!

Thanks

ron