[coreboot] progress on lx

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Jan 19 17:18:58 CET 2008

On 19.01.2008 07:39, ron minnich wrote:
> Marc, should we modify the LX build to somehow wget the VSA and copy
> it in to LAR? Or should we have a top-level "blob" directory in v3
> that includes the vsa file, and then build it in to LAR?

Please don't store any blobs in the v3 tree directly.
That's where buildrom comes into play. Buildrom can always wget/curl
these blobs from http://coreboot.org. Then it stores them in the LAR
below the "blob/" directory.
If you are absolutely desparate to include the VSA in a non-buildrom
build of v3, you still can download the VSA manually.

> I am thinking it is now time to solve the VSA problem, and LAR is the key piece.

Yes, but we need a way to specify the entry point of the VSA blob for
that to work reliably.

> Also, it looks like we need to actually run the lar code in stage 2
> phase 2, i.e. the setup for pci scan stage. I had not anticipated this
> at all. Any ideas here?

Why should that be a problem?