[coreboot] progress on lx

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Jan 20 00:43:25 CET 2008

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

>> There's a repository on coreboot.org for binary blobs that can be used
>> with coreboot. It's at
>> svn://coreboot.org/optionroms/
>> I suggest that one should be used for storing VSA too. We can also
>> rename it, if you dont like the name.
>>

> Agreed. It looks like a nice way to store the VSA. However, it would be
> nice if the VSA was also available via wget.

Not a big issue with viewvc
>> We can also pull it into the main coreboot v3 tree with svn:external
>> if that's what people want.
>>

> Please don't. That way, everyone checking out v3 will have to wait for
> the download of all option ROMs and all VSA variants because they were
> referenced with svn:external.

It shouldnt be too much stuff, but I agree we should try to keep things
seperated. abuild or buildrom can easily get the files online. The one
thing I consider important is that building without a running internet
connection is easily possible without hacks. Not all people can put
their build hosts in the public zone.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613