[coreboot] v3 compilation failures

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Mon Jan 21 21:42:21 CET 2008

ron minnich wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 12:34 PM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
>>> I recommend u16 device, u16 address. The address can be up to 10 bits
>>> as I understand it
>>> on some versions of smbus. Am I wrong on this however?
>> I thought a device always has to be struct device? No?
> I'm having a slow day. Sorry. yes you are right. But the addr should
> probably be u16
> ron

I looked at the smbus spec (it is public) and didn't see anything about
10bit address.

"SMBus addresses are 7 binary
bits long and are conventionally expressed as 4 bits followed by 3 bits
followed by the letter ‘b’, for
example, 0001 110b. These addresses occupy the high seven bits of an
eight-bit field on the bus. The low
bit of this field, however, has other semantic meaning that is not part
of an SMBus address"

Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer
(970) 226-9684 Office