[coreboot] patch: add Kconfig support for v3 north

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Fri Jan 25 19:08:49 CET 2008

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:12:45AM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
>> Add Kconfig files for the northbridge. Currently we only need this
>> for the geodelx, so we can select nrv2b decompression.
>
> Why is nrv2b needed specifically for geodelx? The VSA blob? Should
> that not use the same compression as the payload, if the user chooses
> one?
>

> //Peter

At the time it seemed like the right way to handle the VSA binary
distribution.  We posted a binary blob that would just work when cat'd
on to a Geode platform ROM. It was a painful to do by hand...

With the acceptance of buildrom and the new build configuration in v3,
it seems as though we should change.  The user/buildtool will have to
handle the compression and padding to the correct size (don't need
padding in v3 w/lar).

I am going to make an new VSA release soon so this would be a good time
to make this change.

Thoughts?

Marc

--