[coreboot] [patch] 'dist' target for 'flashrom' Makefile

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Jan 25 19:21:16 CET 2008

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 03:43:02PM +0100, Uwe Hermann wrote:
>
>> Personally, I'm not convinced we want to do tarball releases at
>> all, not sure it's worth the hassle. Definately not "real" releases
>> as in flashrom 0.4.5 or so,
>>

> These are very good for distributions. Not all distributions can deal
> with svn HEAD and few do it well IMO.

What would be the problem with a version "r3065"? I doubt any
distributions would have a problem with that.

>> but maybe one tarball per svn revision would be nice to put up on
>> the website similar to the svn snapshots which are generated for
>> coreboot? Stefan?
>>

> Would definately be a good thing!

These can be generated using viewvc. I don't want to create another
binary graveyard for millions of 0s and 1s ;-)

I am even thinking of getting rid of the tarballs, replacing them by
viewvc links. The reason I did not is that viewvc does not honor the +x
bit of files in the repo, so the tree migh

> For the longer term I'd like a config file for flashrom that is all
> that ever really changes unless a new bus comes along.

ie. describing all the flash chips? I agree.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613