[coreboot] rename LAR to CBAR and LBTABLE to CBTABLE?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Jan 26 02:28:46 CET 2008

Hi,

while I agree fully with renaming the project, we need to consider the
point where we stop the renaming, also because some code referencing our
code is outside of our control.
We have LBTABLE structures and can rename them to CBTABLE. But will
Linux kernel folks merge patches renaming the structs?

Different question for LAR. It's short and it actually can be
pronounced. Do we really want to rename it to CBAR? Try to pronounce
that. Renaming it to CAR would be even worse because it would be
impossible to tell CorebootARchiver and CacheAsRam apart.

I didn't expect that the renaming business would be that much work with
so many pitfalls.

Flames/comments welcome. I really feel lost in a maze of twisty little
passages.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel