[coreboot] PNP logical device handling

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sun Jan 27 13:51:15 CET 2008

Hi all,

I have some problem with overwriting of PNP register 0x30.

Normally the logical device is enabled when 0x1 is written to register 0x30.
This is what pnp_enable_device will do, but Winbond decided that they will abuse
this register and put some extra enable bit in it. So, if I have in my lb conf
that the logical device is disabled it will overwrite whole register with 0
And  if enabled, then with one. I need to leave there 0x9 (yeah it is
coincidence that it is also logical number) For further details please check
W83627EHF/EHG datasheet - logical device 9 register 0x30

The logical device for SPI flash has only bit 1 for enable/disable. Bit 0 is

Question is how to solve that? Would help to ommit 2e.9 off/on in Config.lb? And
enable this manually in sio_init in MB specific setup?