[coreboot] list headers

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Jan 27 16:59:27 CET 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 02:53:49PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> > Should we really have a Mail-Followup-To header?
>
> The Mail-Followup-To header appears in all mails from you to the
> list, in all mails from Ward and in one fourth of the mails from
> Stefan. The mails I got from you which did not go via the list do
> not have the header.

Indeed.

> > I believe it is what makes my mutt reply command send messages only
> > to the list and never to the original poster - which hasn't happened
> > before. For replying to the list there's an awesome list-reply
> > command.
> >
> > Is the intent of Mail-Followup-To the same as for Reply-To - to help
> > people with non-list-aware mailers to always send messages to the
> > list? In that case I would like to ask that it is removed, elitist as
> > that may seem.
> >
> > If instead my mutt config is just all broken please let me know.
> > (But it has worked very well so far.)
>
> Unfortunately, it seems that your mailer (or a filter on your side)
> inserts the Mail-Followup-To header in the mails you receive and in
> the mails you send...

Quite right. Mutt adds it by default for subscribed lists. Good
discussion at http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html and it's actually
not a bad thing. Also it was not the cause of my mistake.

I noticed there was a Reply-To header (with the list address) in
Andreas' message (but not in messages from others) and that's what
steered me and mutt off track.

Sorry for the noise.

//Peter