[coreboot] rename LAR to CBAR and LBTABLE to CBTABLE?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Jan 27 17:12:34 CET 2008

* Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> [080127 15:56]:
> So if we want to pass any new information to a Linux kernel, we have to
> teach the bootloader about a new LBTABLE element and the bootloader has
> to translate that to an e820 section Linux can understand? Painful.

e820 is memory description only. You can't really put anything else in
there. Most enhanced stuff (HPET) has to be passed via ACPI anyways.
Which lead to this dream of mine to have one central data structure
which can be used to create acpi, pirq, mptable, dmi/smbios, ...
structures from the same consistent source.

> Via e820? I have some code which keeps all messages from the beginning
> of CAR up to payload handoff in a local buffer. If anyone wants to write
> code which copies the buffer to some place where Linux expects it and
> handles the glue logic, be my guest.

e820 is not a solution here. I am not sure. Ron said he had a patch that
made linuxbios logs available in linux at some point but i think it got
lost. At least I could never find it on the net.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613