[coreboot] alix1c and v3

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 08:23:37 CET 2008

Marc Jones wrote:
> Tom is right, something funny is going on here. We see the VSA 
> decompressed to buf 0x00060000 which is a good place for VSA. Then we 
> don't see an error that VSA isn't found. That means that it found the 
> first post code as expected.

Yep, I checked with FS2, things look pretty good until it gets into 
biosint. At the call to biosint, the v2 and v3 stack look the same, and 
esp is in the right spot. The code for biosint is very different for v2 
vs v3, however. something inside of biosint is what is screwing up. The 
printk's were to annoying to trace through, so I stopped there. The only 
thing I noticed different in the source was that v3 biosint is declared 
static. If I remove the static, it won't compile.

All of this pain is to basically get some speed and memory size 
parameters into VSA. Maybe it would be best to just wait for Marc's new 
int15-less VSA and save that pain. It probably isn't an issue that will 
be uncovered later, since it can all just be ripped out.

More information about the coreboot mailing list