[coreboot] The coreboot hare

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:18:11 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Veto because no community input was sought during any of the review
> phases. Sorry.
> I will continue to use the penguin for all contest entries and the
> pending magazine articles until we have a design which had community
> review during the design process.

ah. well. Speaking as the person who
o tried for 12 months to get community input on the name and logo, and
o who then went to a small group in search of input, and
o who tried to design a voting mechanism and
o again requested input, and
o got nothing from anyone!, and
o who greatly appreciates your contributions to coreboot,

I am very sorry you feel this way!

I have passed this logo by a great many NON-coreboot, NON-computer
types. They loved it, without exception. That said, we could consider
community input and a vote and I feel pretty strongly that the new
logo would win such a vote :-)

We need to make some progress here. I love the new logo, personally,
but more important, it's time to move on on the name change and logo.
We tried and failed for one full year to get a new logo. This was the
best we were able to get. But, I think it's really, really good.

Let's get a decision on this. Do we vote?

thanks

ron