[coreboot] NEOWARE EON 4000S

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jul 3 19:16:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 07:43:18PM +0200, Hannes Hegewald wrote:
> hey, here's the 'lspci -tvnn', 'superiotool -dV', 'flashrom -V', getpir
> and /proc/cpu output for the Neoware EON 4000S board/Thin Client.

Thanks a lot!

I've almost finished a new target for the Neoware Eon 4000s, but some
more information would be useful to make the port more complete:

 - Is there some kind of mainboard vendor/name printed on the board?
   The product is called "Neoware Eon 4000s" but the mainboard may
   have a different name. It seems I cannot find anything on the photo at
   http://www.coreboot.org/Image:Neoware_eon4000s.jpg, but maybe there's
   something on the other side (or under the SODIMM)?

 - Can the board boot from IDE0 _and_ IDE1? I can only spot one IDE
   connector, so we could disable IDE1 in coreboot?

 - I assume there's no floppy connector, so we can disable it in coreboot?

 - I'll create a wiki status/HOWTO page for the board, if you have some
   time could you test all of the hardware/software features on the
   board (after the patch has been committed)?

 - Can you run 'sensors-detect' and 'sensors' on the original BIOS and
   (if a sensors is found and works) check if it also works with coreboot?

Thanks, Uwe.