[coreboot] NEOWARE EON 4000S

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jul 10 13:57:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

[please always reply to the mailing list, not individual developers]

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 06:11:58PM +0200, Hannes Hegewald wrote:
> Uwe Hermann schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 07:43:18PM +0200, Hannes Hegewald wrote:
>>
>>> hey, here's the 'lspci -tvnn', 'superiotool -dV', 'flashrom -V',
>>> getpir and /proc/cpu output for the Neoware EON 4000S board/Thin
>>> Client.
>>>

>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> I've almost finished a new target for the Neoware Eon 4000s, but some
>> more information would be useful to make the port more complete:
>>
>>  - Is there some kind of mainboard vendor/name printed on the board?
>>    The product is called "Neoware Eon 4000s" but the mainboard may
>>    have a different name. It seems I cannot find anything on the photo at
>>    http://www.coreboot.org/Image:Neoware_eon4000s.jpg, but maybe there's
>>    something on the other side (or under the SODIMM)?
>>
>>  - Can the board boot from IDE0 _and_ IDE1? I can only spot one IDE
>>    connector, so we could disable IDE1 in coreboot?
>>
>>  - I assume there's no floppy connector, so we can disable it in coreboot?
>>
>>  - I'll create a wiki status/HOWTO page for the board, if you have some
>>    time could you test all of the hardware/software features on the
>>    board (after the patch has been committed)?
>>
>>  - Can you run 'sensors-detect' and 'sensors' on the original BIOS and
>>    (if a sensors is found and works) check if it also works with coreboot?
>>

>> Thanks, Uwe.
>>
> Hi Uwe,
> I took a closer look at the board and this time I'm pretty sure I found
> the exact name. I somehow knew what I was looking for, because I had the
> name of this board in the back of my mind.
> http://www.coreboot.org/ASI_MB-5BLMP_Build_Tutorial
> On the brown slot which carries the PCI/ISA riser card there's a white
> sticker with 5BLGP-70 at the end. So I assume it's an ASI 5BLGP. Notice:

Yeah, likely. Have you seen an "ASI" or "Bcom" string on the board? ASI
was renamed or bought at some point by Bcom, but it's likely an ASI I think.

> these boards seem to be very much the same instead of the bios chip
> format and the missing disc on chip module.

I assume the BIOS chip is 256KB big?

> And yes, you can disable IDE1 and floppy in coreboot.

OK, done.

> There are also no sensors lm_sensors can work with:

OK, thanks.

> Trying family `National Semiconductor'... Yes
> Found `Nat. Semi. PC87351 Super IO Fan Sensors' Success!
> (address 0x900, driver `to-be-written')
>
> Driver `to-be-written' (should be inserted):
> Detects correctly:
> * ISA bus, address 0x900
> Chip `Nat. Semi. PC87351 Super IO Fan Sensors' (confidence: 9)
>
> #----cut here----
> # I2C adapter drivers
> # Chip drivers
> # no driver for Nat. Semi. PC87351 Super IO Fan Sensors yet
> #----cut here----
>

> Thanks and please email me when you have finished the build so I can
> test it.
>
> Hannes

I've posted a patch under a new topic (CC'd you), please report if it
works, and if it does reply with an email saying

Acked-by: Hannes Hegewald <hanneshe at arcor.de>

If you could post a serial bootlog (use e.g. minicom) that would be
great. We should also set up a status page for the board in the wiki,
if you have some time could you test all kinds of hardware parts?
Check for instance http://www.coreboot.org/BCOM_WINNET100_Build_Tutorial
for the items in the status table which can be checked...

Thanks, Uwe.