[coreboot] How to boot MS Windows via coreboot? ADLO/Bochs or LegacyBIOS/SeaBIOS?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Jul 12 00:26:51 CEST 2008

On 11.07.2008 23:52, Ken.Fuchs at bench.com wrote:
> Since about 2002-2003 this has always been ADLO with Bochs BIOS,
> but now there seems to be more development activity on
> LegacyBIOS/SeaBIOS.

ADLO hasn't seen any development activity since 2004 except for a short
period in 2007 during Google Summer of Code.
SeaBIOS is developed actively, but it's fairly new.

ADLO only worked on exactly one real mainboard with a SiS630 chipset,
but it works nicely in Qemu.
SeaBIOS attempts to work on all hardware (at least that's the perceived
goal), but it also had Qemu as main testing platform.

ADLO is working in conjunction with the old BOCHS BIOS in assembler.
SeaBIOS is written in C.

I'd say that you want to try SeaBIOS and test it. Then report
success/failure to this list.

About Windows XP Embedded: I believe booting that XP variant may even be
easier if you have the chance to mix-and-match the modules you want.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/