[coreboot] SeaBIOS debug output

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Jul 17 03:36:16 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:43:31PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> I for one don't understand what needs to be done in coreboot after the
> option ROM scans.  It seems like it would help us discuss the possible
> solutions if we could enumerate that.

I agree.

>It seems like Coreboot can
> load whatever should come after SeaBIOS into RAM and have SeaBIOS jump
> there.

Sounds good to me.  All we need to do is pass a start address into
seabios and then seabios can add it to the list of boot options.

One thing to be careful here is that the second payload must be above
1M (so seabios doesn't stomp on it).  Also, as Carl-Daniel points out,
there is nothing stopping an option rom from stomping on the second
payload.

In any case, if someone is willing to code this into coreboot, I'll
add the corresponding parts to seabios.

-Kevin