[coreboot] SeaBIOS debug output

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Jul 17 04:34:44 CEST 2008

Hi Myles,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 01:49:09PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> > * The mouse code may not be that flexible.  You could try disabling
> >  CONFIG_PS2_MOUSE and see if that helps.
>
> It gets farther.  It loads drivers off the CD, then blue screens with
>
> STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>
> I guess that narrows down where to look next.

Hrmm.  Did seabios find your harddrive?  Can you send the full serial
log?  Was this with a Windows cdrom or a Windows installation on a
hard drive?

I did get a little further with winxp last weekend.  With Tom Sylla's
advice, I installed winxp onto the harddrive using the factory bios
and made sure to disable acpi support.  I was then able to boot winxp
off of the harddrive from seabios - but I didn't have any vga output.
(I was able to confirm that winxp booted because I could rdesktop into
it.)

It's still a mystery why winxp video halts after the "crawler"
screen.  I'm also not sure why I can't install from cdrom.

Oh well - it's one step further..

-Kevin