[coreboot] SeaBIOS debug output

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Jul 17 16:16:05 CEST 2008

On 16/07/08 21:36 -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:43:31PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> > I for one don't understand what needs to be done in coreboot after the
> > option ROM scans.  It seems like it would help us discuss the possible
> > solutions if we could enumerate that.
>
> I agree.
>
> >It seems like Coreboot can
> > load whatever should come after SeaBIOS into RAM and have SeaBIOS jump
> > there.
>
> Sounds good to me.  All we need to do is pass a start address into
> seabios and then seabios can add it to the list of boot options.
>
> One thing to be careful here is that the second payload must be above
> 1M (so seabios doesn't stomp on it).  Also, as Carl-Daniel points out,
> there is nothing stopping an option rom from stomping on the second
> payload.

Thats going to be a huge problem. For the same reasons that seabios
lives under 1Mb, so do payloads that load other payloads (such
as bayou).  If this is going to be a issue, then we need to work
out an agreement for carving up the  space < 1Mb.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer