[coreboot] SeaBIOS debug output

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 18:40:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:
> Hi Myles,
>
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 01:49:09PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
>> > * The mouse code may not be that flexible.  You could try disabling
>> >  CONFIG_PS2_MOUSE and see if that helps.
>>
>> It gets farther.  It loads drivers off the CD, then blue screens with
>>
>> STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>>
>> I guess that narrows down where to look next.
>
> Hrmm.  Did seabios find your harddrive?  Can you send the full serial
> log?  Was this with a Windows cdrom or a Windows installation on a
> hard drive?
>
> I did get a little further with winxp last weekend.  With Tom Sylla's
> advice, I installed winxp onto the harddrive using the factory bios
> and made sure to disable acpi support.  I was then able to boot winxp
> off of the harddrive from seabios - but I didn't have any vga output.
> (I was able to confirm that winxp booted because I could rdesktop into
> it.)
>
> It's still a mystery why winxp video halts after the "crawler"
> screen.  I'm also not sure why I can't install from cdrom.
>
> Oh well - it's one step further..
>
> -Kevin

Here are the two logs for the Windows XP install CD.  I'm wondering if
we should make SeaBIOS pretend to be an older BIOS and see what
happens.  It seems like there was some structure that is returned on a
BIOS call that tells what version it is.

I used to be able to make it through the install process with ADLO
(just rombios.c, not rombios32.c), so maybe something in the PCI code
is messing me up.

I don't know what else to try.  Hopefully you can spot something in the logs.

I am using a blank hard drive and trying to install from CD.  When I
used ADLO before, if I had pre-installed XP on the hard drive, the CD
wouldn't boot.  It would see the windows installation and try to run
that instead.

Thanks,
Myles