[coreboot] flashrom on gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R : success!

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Jul 20 13:37:07 CEST 2008

On 20.07.2008 02:55, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>>>
>>> flashrom -c MX25L8005 -w g33ds3r.f7h
>>>

>> That's interesting. This command does write to the chip without erasing
>> first, so the image you now have in ROM is supposed to be a mixture of
>> the old and new BIOS.
> The ichspi driver erases a block prior to writing it, as all the
> non-spi drivers do. The only behavior that would possibly make sense
> from a user perspective.

Ah yes. I forgot about the silent data corruption bug in the ICH SPI
driver. It works most of the time, but there are quite a few chips
listed in flashchips.c which will act weird or require a separate erase
call.
Besides that, the block erase code does not belong in the chipset
driver, it belongs in the flash chip driver.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/