[coreboot] branching flashrom?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Jul 21 17:31:30 CEST 2008

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> Nah, overkill and not really useful IMO.
>>

> Hm. There have been quite a few disagreements over design and code questions in the recent past. Branching would allow people who share a common vision to showcase what they intend to do without being limited to single patches.

This is an Open Source project. You are allowed to keep your private
branch without decision from everyone, if you can't convince the
community that your stuff should go in right away.

> There are philosophical differences as well. Peter and Stefan want to
> remove #defines and use magic values directly. I heavily disagree with
> that and believe the code is more readable if the meaning of a constant
> is visible in the code without having to consult data sheets. I hope
> that branching is a way to avoid revert wars or NACKs for design reasons.

Go ahead and create your own branch if you feel this is necessary. If it
is deemed successful, chances are good that it will be merged at some point.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613