[coreboot] patch: lxirq understander

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 17:20:17 CEST 2008

So I started to fix it up with names and respond to the other comments.

Turns out you can't do this:
#include <pci/pci.h>

#include <device/pci_ids.h>

with our pci_ids.h because our pci_ids.h includes stuff that is not
ids -- e.g. class types etc.

So we conflict:
In file included from lxirq.c:44:
../../include/device/pci_ids.h:132:1: error:
"PCI_CLASS_CRYPT_ENTERTAINMENT" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/pci/pci.h:13,
                 from lxirq.c:34:
/usr/include/pci/header.h:975:1: error: this is the location of the
previous definition

So I lost patience as I have to go to work now :-)

I will try to put this on my web page somewhere.

I'll drop it for now. But somebody will need this tool  in the future.
They'll write it again. We need to have a way to get little utilities
like this into the tree. They are pretty typical of the throw-away
tools engineers write while doing board bringup. Thing is, they get
written and lost because they're crude and ugly. But they are very
useful.

Thanks

ron